- Mind’s helplines provide information and support by phone and email.
- Local Minds offer face-to-face services across England and Wales. These services include talking therapies, peer support and advocacy.
- Side by Side is our supportive online community for anyone experiencing a mental health problem.
- https://www.mentalhelp.net/anxiety/panic-attack-hotline/ If you have a friend or loved one who is struggling with anxiety, panic disorder hotlines can be a valuable resource for you to ask questions and learn more about anxiety and panic disorders.
- (https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ and 1-800-273-8255). This hotline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is confidential. This Lifeline can connect you with a trained professional at a local crisis center. They can provide emotional support and/or additional resources to help you. It is important to note that the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is not only for people having suicidal thoughts or contemplating self-harm. If you are struggling with anxiety or panic disorder, you can use this same hotline to receive support in dealing with a crisis. This can be incredibly helpful if you encounter an anxiety attack or panic attack in the middle of the night and just need someone to listen and provide emotional support.
National Hopeline Network
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Helpline: 1-800-950-NAMI (6264)
The staff at NAMI are well-trained to answer questions on a wide range of mental health issues, including anxiety. Available Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST, this organization provides free information and referrals to treatment programs, support groups, and educational programs. NAMI also offers help for family members, information about jobs programs, and connections to legal representation in your area.
- Teen Line: 1-310-855-HOPE (4673) or 1-800-TLC-TEEN (852-8336)
Another valuable resource for young adults facing anxiety, Teen Line offers teen-to-teen counseling services available between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. PST. Callers can talk to one of their peers about what they’re going through and learn strategies that have helped other young people just like them. The service is also available by texting “TEEN” to 839863, as well as via email and message boards.
- National Institute of Mental Health. (n.d.) Any Anxiety Disorder Among Adults.
- National Institute of Mental Health. (2016). Anxiety Disorders.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (n.d.) Anxiety Disorders.
- National Institute of Mental Health. (2016). Generalized Anxiety Disorder: When Worry Gets Out of Control.
- National Institute of Mental Health. (2016). Panic Disorder: When Fear Overwhelms.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (n.d.) Phobias.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (n.d.) Panic Disorder.